JOINING, CHANGE AND WITHDRAWAL
- Admission to Mount. St. Mary's does not ensure a seat on any particular bus. If
a bus is full, or does not cover the required area, parents will have to make their
- Request for change of bus route or additional stops will not be entertained in any
- For joining the School bus: To avail of the transport facilities parents are requested
to fill up the form available in the office.
- Change of the School bus: Students must inform the office about the change of their
bus route by filling up the prescribed form. The change must be endorsed on the
Identity Card. No change will be effective unless sanctioned by the transport office.
- For discontinuation of the school bus: Inform the school office by filling up the
prescribed form. New mode of transport must be endorsed on the Identity Card. Bus
fee will be charged till the office is informed.
- In case of discontinuation of school transport the current month's fee should be
paid in full.
- The Bus fees have to be paid according to the fees schedule printed in the fee booklet.
- Private Transport: Students are forbidden to come to school in self-driven vehicles.
Strict action will be taken against those who do so.
- Parents must verify the credentials of the drivers and the road worthiness of the
vehicles if their wards are using private school vans/taxis.
Rules to follow in the bus
- Students should listen to the instructions given by the Teachers / Conductors /
- The Seniors are to look after the junior students, and give them a seat in the bus.
- Boarding and getting off a running bus is strictly prohibited.
- Students should not travel on the foot board.
- Creating noise and causing confusion in the bus is not permitted. Students are forbidden
to throw anything out of the windows of the bus, as this will distract the driver
and may result in an accident.
- Any student found using foul language or caught fighting in the bus shall be suspended
from using the school transport, furthermore if discipline continues to be a problem,
transport facility shall be withdrawn.
- Any complaint regarding the transport should be brought to the notice of the Transport
- Parents are requested not to pressurize / harass the staff on the bus, for creating
of any new stop or for changing the route.
- Every student will be issued an Identity Card with his/her personal details and
mode of transport. This must be brought to school daily by the student on all working
days. This card will be updated every academic year and a new Identity Card will
be duly issued.
- Students travelling on any bus other than their own respective bus will have to
obtain a “Temporary Bus Pass” from the transport office with a letter from their
parents stating the reason for permission to travel on another bus.
- All photographs required by the school or for attestation should be current, passport
size and in school uniform.
DISCIPLINE IN THE PARKING AREA
- Students are not supposed to purchase eatables from vendors in the parking area.
- Students should not leave their bags in the bus and loiter around, outside the bus.
- Students should be on time to board their respective buses after school gives over as the buses will leave at 1:10 p.m. (summer ) and 1:40 p.m. ( winter) sharp.
- Students should not be seen running between the moving buses trying to board their
Rules for students using private transport
- Every student's mode of transport should be recorded in the school office and on
the Identity Card.
- If any student who has opted for private transport is found travelling by the school
bus, without permission he/she will be fined an amount equal to a full year's bus
- The school gate will close at 7:10 a.m. in summers and 7:40 a.m. in winters.
- Students who reach late, in summer after 7.00 am and in winter after 7:30 a.m. may
contact the respective Coordinators from the school gate.
- Three late arrivals would lead to the student being sent back home.