Being on Defence Land 70% of the existing vacancies in our school in all classes
are reserved for the children of Defence Personnel and resident of Cantt. After
considering the Defence Category, Catholics of the Zone are given preference for
admissions, as Mount St. Mary’s School is a Minority Institution.
Admission to Class Prep
Our school starts with Class Prep which is equivalent to Upper KG. Class Prep Admissions
are initiated in accordance to the Directorate of Education Directives. The candidate
applying for Class Prep must have completed 4 years of age by 31st of March of the
academic session applied for.
Admission to Classes One to Nine
Please check our website by the first / second week of February of each year for
details regarding admissions in the new session.
Admission to Class "XI"
Admission is given in April on the basis of the School examination results for current
Mount St. Mary’s students and in June for others on the basis of CBSE results. The
criteria and percentage will be decided according to the merit for the Science and
the Commerce stream. There will be one section for Science and two sections for
the Commerce stream.
A student is admitted to Class "XI" if :
- He/She clears the Examinations as per the promotion criteria (CBSE).
- Obtains the percentage prescribed by the School for different streams/ optional
- His/Her conduct is good.
N.B : Consideration with regard to the admission criteria may be given to outstanding
students in sports or extracurricular skills.
GENERAL ADMISSION RULES
- The management reserves the right to admit or refuse students seeking admission
to the school.
- A child who has attained the age of four years as on 31st March shall be admitted
to Class Prep of the following academic year.
- Transfer Certificate from the previous school is a must to confirm admission for
Classes one to nine.
- Seeking admission through recommendations will debar a student from admission.
- Payment of fees, at the time of admission, shall be payable in cash only.