Guidelines for Parents
Parents are requested to bear in mind that the school attaches great importance
to building a sound character in students. They are expected to cooperate with the
school authorities by making their children understand that a well ordered and disciplined
way of life is as important at home as in school. Parents should supervise their
lessons, and take an active interest in School activities.
- The three Personal Memo pages in the diary are to be filled in and signed by parents.
- Parents should note that occasional reports from teachers are made in the School
Diary/ online message system and they are requested to sign them / respond to them.
- Parents are required to sign the P.T.M. register and any other similar document
relating to their children when requested.
- Absence from school even for a day must be noted in the “Student's Leave Application
Form” given in the School Diary. If absence lasts for more than three days the application
for leave must be made to the respective Coordinator accompanied by relevant certification
of the same.
- If a child has an infectious disease parents should keep the child at home till
he recovers. A Medical Certificate and a Fitness Certificate must be submitted on
- Students who are away from school for five consecutive days without permission,
may have their names removed from the register, and will be re-admitted only if
there is a vacancy and on payment of the admission fee. In all cases of leave of
absence, prior permission from the Principal should be obtained, except in cases
of unforeseen circumstances, for which an authenticated reason should be furnished
by the parent or guardian. However, granting of leave is entirely up to the discretion
of the Principal. If a student from Class X to XII is absent, he/she has to meet
the Principal on the day of his/her return.
- Long leave from school for marriages, vacation, family functions will be sanctioned
only by the Principal. Leave from School must not be prefixed or suffixed to school
holidays, that is: Summer & Winter holidays. If not appropriate action will be taken.
- Parents are welcome to visit the school and meet the teachers during school hours
with the prior permission of the Principal or Coordinators and on Parent Interaction
Days. Complaints relating to academics, if any, may be made either to the Coordinator
- Should parents wish to meet a teacher, they must seek prior written appointment
on the proforma given in the school diary. On the day specified by the teacher for
the appointment, the parents should bring the school diary with them. On the day
of the meeting it is imperative to present the proforma at the school gate.
- Parents of Junior School students can meet teachers on the working Saturday of the
month and parent interaction days as specified in the academic planner of the school
diary. Parents may meet class teachers in their respective classrooms, Hindi teachers
in the staff room and the activity teachers in their rooms.
- The observance of rules of discipline of the school and good behaviour is an essential
condition to a student's continuance in the school. In case a student violates the
school rules or indulges in any form of indiscipline, strict action like expulsion/
suspension/ rustication shall be taken against the student.
- Students are strictly forbidden to bring or burst crackers in the school or to introduce
objectionable literature and other such material into the School. Strict disciplinary
action will be taken against the student found doing so.
- Mobile Phones, cameras and all other electronic items are totally banned in school.
If confiscated they will not be returned. No appeal for their return will be entertained.
- Fine of any kind or collection or sale for any purpose whatsoever requires the prior
sanction of the Principal.
- Gifts to members of the staff or other demonstrations in their honour also require
the Principal's prior sanction.
- Celebration of birthday parties in school and 'continuation' parties are not permitted.
- Change in the address or telephone number of parents or guardians must be intimated
to the school in writing and without delay. When communicating with the Principal,
parents are requested to mention in their letter the Class, Section and Student
No. of their child / children.
- Certain festivals e.g. Id are subject to sighting of the moon. As such, parents
are requested to check the Doordarshan News for announcements. Sometimes an unexpected
holiday may be declared. Please check the school website.
- Whenever excursions and picnics are organized by the school, maximum participation
by students is expected. All outings are under the supervision of school staff.
- The school is not responsible for goods lost. Therefore, it is not advisable to
bring valuable articles like expensive watches, fountain pens, gold or silver ornaments,
friendship bands, any other fads or too much money. Students are also advised not
to leave any of the above in the class room or P.T. room.
- Students are not permitted to wear any jewellery to school (e.g. chains, rings,
bangles, bracelets etc.) Girls may wear one pair of small earrings or studs.
- Rail concession vouchers may be used for students of the school to travel from Delhi
to their home town and back. Concession Forms should be applied for three weeks